Home

Penny Lane

174 views

13 posts

Last post 04/04/2020

Posted by Nancy R

      Original post

      Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

        Nancy R wrote:

        Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

         

        Cool to see, by comparison to now! Didn't know Paul was a choirboy. I can kinda pictures him in choir robes and that sweet voice.

          love2travel wrote:

          Nancy R wrote:

          Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

           

          Cool to see, by comparison to now! 

          2016:

            love2travel wrote:

            Nancy R wrote:

            Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

             

            Cool to see, by comparison to now! Didn't know Paul was a choirboy. I can kinda pictures him in choir robes and that sweet voice.

            He first auditioned at another church (maybe Liverpool Cathedral?) but was not accepted!

              Nancy R wrote:

              love2travel wrote:
              Nancy R wrote:

              Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

               

              Cool to see, by comparison to now! Didn't know Paul was a choirboy. I can kinda pictures him in choir robes and that sweet voice.

              He first auditioned at another church (maybe Liverpool Cathedral?) but was not accepted!

              Hard to believe, is that the one up the hill? I suppose you have a pictures of him in the choir? I really loved when he had the choirboys in Ecce Cor Meum. It was so brilliant. 

                love2travel wrote:

                Nancy R wrote:
                love2travel wrote:
                Nancy R wrote:

                Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

                 

                Cool to see, by comparison to now! Didn't know Paul was a choirboy. I can kinda pictures him in choir robes and that sweet voice.

                He first auditioned at another church (maybe Liverpool Cathedral?) but was not accepted!

                Hard to believe, is that the one up the hill? I suppose you have a pictures of him in the choir? I really loved when he had the choirboys in Ecce Cor Meum. It was so brilliant. 

                See old b&w pic - the church there is St. Barnabas. This is Liverpool Cathedral in 2016:

                  Nancy R wrote:

                  Taken in the '50s or early '60s. 

                  I think the photo is a lot older than that. The absent of traffic and the tram tracks suggests perhaps any date from around 1920's....or perhaps earlier. 

                    Kestrel wrote:

                    Nancy R wrote:

                    Taken in the '50s or early '60s. 

                    I think the photo is a lot older than that. The absent of traffic and the tram tracks suggests perhaps any date from around 1920's....or perhaps earlier. 

                    You could very well be right. Didn't notice the tram tracks. There is some kind of vehicle there on the right - looks like a small truck. (lorry to you!) 😂

                      Nancy R wrote:

                      Kestrel wrote:
                      Nancy R wrote:

                      Taken in the '50s or early '60s. 

                      I think the photo is a lot older than that. The absent of traffic and the tram tracks suggests perhaps any date from around 1920's....or perhaps earlier. 

                      You could very well be right. Didn't notice the tram tracks. There is some kind of vehicle there on the right - looks like a small truck. (lorry to you!) 😂

                        I can't really see it clearly but it looks very old. There's also a load of horse shi......erm muck in the road in front of it which tends to point to a much earlier era. Lovely photo though, however old it is. 

                        Nancy R wrote:

                        love2travel wrote:
                        Nancy R wrote:
                        love2travel wrote:
                        Nancy R wrote:

                        Taken in the '50s or early '60s. Church is St. Barnabas where Paul was choirboy.

                         

                        Cool to see, by comparison to now! Didn't know Paul was a choirboy. I can kinda pictures him in choir robes and that sweet voice.

                        He first auditioned at another church (maybe Liverpool Cathedral?) but was not accepted!

                        Hard to believe, is that the one up the hill? I suppose you have a pictures of him in the choir? I really loved when he had the choirboys in Ecce Cor Meum. It was so brilliant. 

                        See old b&w pic - the church there is St. Barnabas. This is Liverpool Cathedral in 2016:

                         

                        Thanks for posting that pic. Was there in 1987 and that Cathedral was huge. My boss back then, took us to his hometown to show us around and have tea and cakes with his mum in her parlour.  Looking forward to going again this summer with my friends! Wish I knew about Liverpool Oratorio then.

                          I don't know why all the sudden Photobucket has that crap written across the photos! 🤬

                            Nancy R wrote:

                            I don't know why all the sudden Photobucket has that crap written across the photos! 🤬

                            Now today the photos are fine! (I did email Photobucket to complain)

                              Nancy R wrote:

                              Nancy R wrote:

                              I don't know why all the sudden Photobucket has that crap written across the photos! 🤬

                              Now today the photos are fine! (I did email Photobucket to complain)

                              And now the writing across them is back! 🤬