Just saw the August List for "Sticking Out of My Back Pocket". The team at Paulmccartney.com has followed up July with another great list. The theme for August are Paul songs with a "chilled-out vibe". I love most of them and almost all are good to great underrated tracks. Here is the list:
1. Dominoes - One of my favorite songs on Egypt Station. Criminal that this song isn't better known and why Paul didn't add this to his last Setlist? How do you not do this song live???
2. London Town - Even though it was the title track to the album on the same name, I think it is still mostly unknown. I have always liked the song and the video is so funny as Denny didn't seem to want to be in it
3. Distractions - Another very underrated song from Flowers in the Dirt. Love the lyrics.
4. Early Days - One of my favorites from the "New" album. I know some fans didn't love Paul's vocals but it never bothered me.
5. Bip Bob - I started laughing when I saw "Bip Bop" included on the August list because I know that my good friend "Yankeefan" detest this song. I'm not in love with the nonsense lyrics (or lack thereof) so I wouldn't have included it but it is definitely a "back pocket" song. And why Paul included "Bip Bop" on his last compilation "Pure McCartney" still baffles me when there were so many great tracks missing on the Pure McCartney Compilation.
6. Heaven on a Sunday - Perhaps the most underrated song on Flaming Pie. Loved it on the remaster.
7. Hope of Deliverance - My favorite song on the much maligned Off the Ground album. I like the live versions of Hope of Deliverance even better and why did Paul stop playing it on his tours still baffles me.
8. Footprints - Better served on a Winter's "Back Pocket" list i.m.o but this song is stone cold one of Paul's greatest unknown tracks. Because it was on such a maligned album (Press to Play) no one knows this beautiful song.
9. That would be Something - One of the hidden gems on the "McCartney" album and it was great that Paul played it on his "live" MTV concert back in 1993..
10. Calico Skies - One of the best songs on "Flaming Pie" without a doubt. Put it on a Beatles' album and it wouldl be universally known like Blackbird.
11. Baby's Request - Last track on Back to the Egg and definitely a "Back Pocket" song.
12. Back Seat of My Car - I remember hearing this on FM radio back in the day during the release of Ram and definitely a forgotten gem.
What do you think of this latest list?