Home

Zak Starkey Implores His Rich Friends to Not ‘[Expletive] the Planet’ With Their Cars

94 views

10 posts

Last post 02/05/2020

Posted by The_Fool

      Original post

      Rolling Stone

      Zak Starkey Implores His Rich Friends to Not ‘[Expletive] the Planet’ With Their Cars

        jimmix wrote:

        Rolling Stone

        Zak Starkey Implores His Rich Friends to Not ‘[Expletive] the Planet’ With Their Cars

        That was the first time I ever heard Zak speak in almost 55 years! 😂 I like him with brown hair though, but he probably think the blond hair makes him look younger. 

          Wow. Guess he's pissed off at someone.

            I hope Zak is okay with the mining of lithium, copper and nickel. According to MIT it really harms the environment. (These are used a lot in electric vehicles). And hopefilully those large batteries (as large as the whole bottom of the car) are disposed of properly when they go bad or there becomes more environmental harm and damage. 

            Zak should be thrilled about people driving less and not jetting around the world in these stay at home virus times. 

              I still have trouble imagining that Zak is in his 50s now. That means I must be -- uh, let's not go there.

                Bruce M. wrote:

                I still have trouble imagining that Zak is in his 50s now. That means I must be -- uh, let's not go there.

                I know! I'm 10 years older than he is! 😳

                  Factually the batteries from Electric Cars are repurposed in many ways.

                  Where-3-million-electric-vehicle-batteries-will-go-when-they-retire

                    There is no serious doubt that electric cars are better for the environment than gas or diesel. Yes, some of the mineral production for batteries is problematic, but oil drilling is environmentally catastrophic. And that's before you even get to air pollution and climate change.

                      Bruce M. wrote:

                      There is no serious doubt that electric cars are better for the environment than gas or diesel. Yes, some of the mineral production for batteries is problematic, but oil drilling is environmentally catastrophic. And that's before you even get to air pollution and climate change.

                      Good points Bruce.  Hope we see more development of wind power and hydrothermal energy. Perhaps this current crisis will give additional push to the expansion of alternate energies.

                       Hopefully seeing blue skies again, during this pandemic causes the people to demand the change. 

                        I am sorry... i hope I don't come across as an A-hole.

                        I am all for improvements to the environment.  Some things have unintended consequences: 

                        Someone wants to do good and sometimes there are additional solutions needed to fix those. 

                        From the link, it looks like they are more aware of it now too. If they follow through with some these ideas and keep the recycle reuse in mind - then it makes more sense than adding to landfills etc...

                        Take care of the Earth ... it's the only one we've got and I do care.