Readers react to the ranking of the Beatles’ best songs

4 posts

Last post 10/05/2020

Posted by Nancy R

Original post

The Boston Globe

Readers react to the ranking of the Beatles’ best songs

I love this statement:

"I would challenge the most ardent fan of any other rock or pop singer/group to even list 180 songs by their favorite artist.”

There have been so many polls of the Beatles' greatest songs and they are, of course, wide ranging.  I remember seeing one poll where they had "Here, There and Everywhere" somewhere in the 80's as far as ranking.  I just shook my head.  I would definitely have Here, There and Everywhere in the Beatles' top 10.  It's my favorite Paul/Beatle song of all time.  I like it a little better than Yesterday, Hey Jude,  Let It Be and a few others of Paul's Greatest hits as a Beatle.  It's just a perfect song from a standpoint of melody and lyrics.

B J Conlee wrote:

There have been so many polls of the Beatles' greatest songs and they are, of course, wide ranging.  I remember seeing one poll where they had "Here, There and Everywhere" somewhere in the 80's as far as ranking.  I just shook my head.  I would definitely have Here, There and Everywhere in the Beatles' top 10.  It's my favorite Paul/Beatle song of all time.  I like it a little better than Yesterday, Hey Jude,  Let It Be and a few others of Paul's Greatest hits as a Beatle.  It's just a perfect song from a standpoint of melody and lyrics.

Totally agree!! 👍

(and it was John's favorite Paul song!)