Home

McCartney III Single

966 views

50 posts

Last post 18/11/2020

Posted by Beatles4Ever

      Pages

      Original post

      Has anybody heard anything about a single being released from the CD/album? It is about a month from the release date so figured if they were going to have one it would be soon.

        No news yet, but yes, if one's coming it should be soon. And it's hard to imagine there won't be one. The tension mounts (you score an ounce, heh).

          Bring it on !! Will create even more feverish anticipation and interest ! How about "Pretty Boys," haven't seen that one mentioned in reviews as yet, am curiouscryingangel

            I'm hopeful that we might get a single release tomorrow but it does seem that in general there aren't too many tracks suitable for single material. Another potential problem is that any single advertising the album should reflect the overall albums content. If Paul releases one commercial track as a single, when all the other tracks are more experimental or instrumental for example, then he could well come under criticism for misleading the music buying public.

              If there is a physical single release, I hope there aren't 45 different coloured vinyl versions and/or only 45 copies of each!  

                This is only a total "guess" but in looking at the 3 reviews for McCartney 3 so far,  the song that makes the most sense for a possible "single"is:

                Kiss of Venus

                Rob Sheffield from Rollingstone described the song as an updated "Mother's Nature Son"and Gwen Ihnat from Music.AVClub called "Kiss of Venus" a romantic acoustic number that evokes the delicacy of Yesterday or Blackbird.  I know that those classic and famous 60 Beatle songs don't fit today's Top 40 type songs but 2020 is a strange year so why not put out a single for McCartney 3 that evokes what Paul is famous for.  

                  Paul's just done a Tweet with 13 🎲 Tomorrow's the 13th so could this indicate that the new single's out tomorrow? 

                    B J Conlee wrote:

                    This is only a total "guess" but in looking at the 3 reviews for McCartney 3 so far,  the song that makes the most sense for a possible "single"is:

                    Kiss of Venus

                    Rob Sheffield from Rollingstone described the song as an updated "Mother's Nature Son"and Gwen Ihnat from Music.AVClub called "Kiss of Venus" a romantic acoustic number that evokes the delicacy of Yesterday or Blackbird.  I know that those classic and famous 60 Beatle songs don't fit today's Top 40 type songs but 2020 is a strange year so why not put out a single for McCartney 3 that evokes what Paul is famous for.  

                    You are right, normally you would want some "bouncy" type of song as a single but in 2020 a good slow acoustic song might work.

                      Yankeefan2 wrote:

                      B J Conlee wrote:

                      This is only a total "guess" but in looking at the 3 reviews for McCartney 3 so far,  the song that makes the most sense for a possible "single"is:

                      Kiss of Venus

                      Rob Sheffield from Rollingstone described the song as an updated "Mother's Nature Son"and Gwen Ihnat from Music.AVClub called "Kiss of Venus" a romantic acoustic number that evokes the delicacy of Yesterday or Blackbird.  I know that those classic and famous 60 Beatle songs don't fit today's Top 40 type songs but 2020 is a strange year so why not put out a single for McCartney 3 that evokes what Paul is famous for.  

                      You are right, normally you would want some "bouncy" type of song as a single but in 2020 a good slow acoustic song might work.

                      Yes I  just reread  the 3 reviews and "Kiss of Venus" seemed to be the one song that all 3 critics agreed on.  Strange thing is that the "Uncut" review that was the last one on this Site seems to have disappeared.  Did you ever see the "Uncut" review on McCartney 3. Thaniks.

                      PS I got a bad cold on 11/5 (mainly started as a sore throat and then a nagging cough around 11/7) but I'm feeling better now.  Fortunately, I never had a fever throughout this time.  

                        B J Conlee wrote:

                        Yankeefan2 wrote:
                        B J Conlee wrote:

                        This is only a total "guess" but in looking at the 3 reviews for McCartney 3 so far,  the song that makes the most sense for a possible "single"is:

                        Kiss of Venus

                        Rob Sheffield from Rollingstone described the song as an updated "Mother's Nature Son"and Gwen Ihnat from Music.AVClub called "Kiss of Venus" a romantic acoustic number that evokes the delicacy of Yesterday or Blackbird.  I know that those classic and famous 60 Beatle songs don't fit today's Top 40 type songs but 2020 is a strange year so why not put out a single for McCartney 3 that evokes what Paul is famous for.  

                        You are right, normally you would want some "bouncy" type of song as a single but in 2020 a good slow acoustic song might work.

                        Yes I  just reread  the 3 reviews and "Kiss of Venus" seemed to be the one song that all 3 critics agreed on.  Strange thing is that the "Uncut" review that was the last one on this Site seems to have disappeared.  Did you ever see the "Uncut" review on McCartney 3. Thaniks.

                        PS I got a bad cold on 11/5 (mainly started as a sore throat and then a nagging cough around 11/7) but I'm feeling better now.  Fortunately, I never had a fever throughout this time.  

                        Hey Yankeefan...Oobu24 from this site had originally posted the review but he said that apparently someone deleted it.   I remember the critic's name was John Robinson and he gave McCartney 3 a "9 out of 10".   The critic did not indicate which track was destined to be the single but he thought that "Deep Deep Feeling" was the best song on McCartney 3.  He did single out a few other good tracks on McCartney 3 including "Kiss of Venus".  Have no idea why it was deleted but apparently it was only up for a very short while.  Please post if you find the review.  Hopefully Oobu24 will do the same.

                          B J Conlee wrote:

                          B J Conlee wrote:
                          Yankeefan2 wrote:
                          B J Conlee wrote:

                          This is only a total "guess" but in looking at the 3 reviews for McCartney 3 so far,  the song that makes the most sense for a possible "single"is:

                          Kiss of Venus

                          Rob Sheffield from Rollingstone described the song as an updated "Mother's Nature Son"and Gwen Ihnat from Music.AVClub called "Kiss of Venus" a romantic acoustic number that evokes the delicacy of Yesterday or Blackbird.  I know that those classic and famous 60 Beatle songs don't fit today's Top 40 type songs but 2020 is a strange year so why not put out a single for McCartney 3 that evokes what Paul is famous for.  

                          You are right, normally you would want some "bouncy" type of song as a single but in 2020 a good slow acoustic song might work.

                          Yes I  just reread  the 3 reviews and "Kiss of Venus" seemed to be the one song that all 3 critics agreed on.  Strange thing is that the "Uncut" review that was the last one on this Site seems to have disappeared.  Did you ever see the "Uncut" review on McCartney 3. Thaniks.

                          PS I got a bad cold on 11/5 (mainly started as a sore throat and then a nagging cough around 11/7) but I'm feeling better now.  Fortunately, I never had a fever throughout this time.  

                          Hey Yankeefan...Oobu24 from this site had originally posted the review but he said that apparently someone deleted it.   I remember the critic's name was John Robinson and he gave McCartney 3 a "9 out of 10".   The critic did not indicate which track was destined to be the single but he thought that "Deep Deep Feeling" was the best song on McCartney 3.  He did single out a few other good tracks on McCartney 3 including "Kiss of Venus".  Have no idea why it was deleted but apparently it was only up for a very short while.  Please post if you find the review.  Hopefully Oobu24 will do the same.

                          I find it weird that it got deleted. I also think it is strange that when you go online to the website of "Rolling Stone" and "Uncut UK" you can't find these reviews. BTW - OOBU24 sent me review, did you get it also.

                            For anyone planning to buy 'Uncut' for the 'exclusive interview', don't bother,save your money and put it towards the album instead. As usual with a Paul interview, it took him just a couple of sentences to get on the subject of the Beatles, and when he's not talking about the Beatles, then its John...or George...or Ringo. Its still worth buying though..... for anyone  who hasn't heard the stories about John and Paul hitchhiking to Paris....or that Paul and George hitchhiked to Wales.....and that the song Please Please Me originally started out as a slow Roy Orbison type number.

                            There is also a lot of looking back on the McCartney and McCartney ll albums, which is frustrating when you (or at least I) want to read about the new album. On the plus side though, the recent photos by Mary are great, the new album review is encouraging (I'm hoping it didn't get a 9/10 rating in order to secure the 'exclusive'interview?), and the McCartney poster/booklet is a nice touch bit of nostalgia for anyone wanting to relive the early months of 1970. 

                              I think Paul didn't talk it up, his new album, wanting it to remain at least somewhat a mystery until it drops.  Reading reviews in advance can make you want to buy it more but also strips away some of the mystery.  Does that make any sense? 

                              "McCartney ll" is something huge to look forward to, then Thanksgiving and Christmas, then Biden's inauguration and after that the new season of "American Idol" (for me) and hopefully there'll be other things too. I still haven't read a lot of the new novels on my list. Paul's new album is a biggie. I desire another "formal" (for lack of a better word) new album along the lines of "Egypt Station" not too long after that.  I'm still enthralled by much of "Egypt Station" and a bit obsessed with it.  Perhaps since he doesn't get to tour, and England's in lockdown now,  his creativity will go into overdrive again. 

                              In fact, I'd love it if "McCartney lll" had as many songs as "ES." Wish it did.  Do you think he'll come out with more  new ones after the fact as he did with ES, "New" and others? 

                                Still hoping for a single today, but it seems the recent '13 dice'posts are linked to the new Rolling Stone mag which has Paul and Taylor Swift (who I thought was a bloke but obviously isn't !!) on the cover.

                                Oh well, if that turns out to be the case then at least I've had Polly Scattergood's latest single Snowburden released today (total surprise that one) as compensation. 

                                  Kestrel wrote:

                                  Still hoping for a single today, but it seems the recent '13 dice'posts are linked to the new Rolling Stone mag which has Paul and Taylor Swift (who I thought was a bloke but obviously isn't !!) on the cover.

                                  Yeah the 13 tweet would seem to related to the RS article. He and Taylor talk about numerology and how some numbers have a meaningful connection to you. She mentions that she thinks 13 is lucky cos that's when her birthday is. 

                                    Kestrel wrote:

                                    Still hoping for a single today, but it seems the recent '13 dice'posts are linked to the new Rolling Stone mag which has Paul and Taylor Swift (who I thought was a bloke but obviously isn't !!) on the cover.

                                    Oh well, if that turns out to be the case then at least I've had Polly Scattergood's latest single Snowburden released today (total surprise that one) as compensation. 

                                    You had never heard of Taylor Swift?! 🤯😂 That's okay, I never heard of Polly Scattergood! 

                                    I thought the 13 referred to the HOME EP which is available today for streaming. 

                                    https://paulmccartney.lnk.to/home?utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=73698_McCartney%20III%20Home%20EP%20and%20RS%20cover_231828_US&dm_i=4YVO,1KV6,CFOTJ,77VB,1

                                      Nancy R wrote:

                                      You had never heard of Taylor Swift?! 🤯😂 

                                      I'd heard the name (or have seen the name) Taylor Swift but thought it was a guy, probably because I'd worked a few years ago with a guy called Taylor. Its obviously a name that can be used by either sex. But I hadn't heard any music by Taylor Swift,mainly because I'm not interested in chart music or listening to the radio. I would have been very surprised if you had heard of Polly Scattergood. She's not really that well known, even in the UK.

                                        Kestrel wrote:

                                        For anyone planning to buy 'Uncut' for the 'exclusive interview', don't bother,save your money and put it towards the album instead. As usual with a Paul interview, it took him just a couple of sentences to get on the subject of the Beatles, and when he's not talking about the Beatles, then its John...or George...or Ringo. Its still worth buying though..... for anyone  who hasn't heard the stories about John and Paul hitchhiking to Paris....or that Paul and George hitchhiked to Wales.....and that the song Please Please Me originally started out as a slow Roy Orbison type number.

                                        There is also a lot of looking back on the McCartney and McCartney ll albums, which is frustrating when you (or at least I) want to read about the new album. On the plus side though, the recent photos by Mary are great, the new album review is encouraging (I'm hoping it didn't get a 9/10 rating in order to secure the 'exclusive'interview?), and the McCartney poster/booklet is a nice touch bit of nostalgia for anyone wanting to relive the early months of 1970. 

                                        There really should be a drinking game when reading or listening to a McCartney interview. Any time he mentions the Beatles or any one of them individually, you have to drink a shot -lol

                                          Yankeefan2 wrote:

                                          Kestrel wrote:

                                          For anyone planning to buy 'Uncut' for the 'exclusive interview', don't bother,save your money and put it towards the album instead. As usual with a Paul interview, it took him just a couple of sentences to get on the subject of the Beatles, and when he's not talking about the Beatles, then its John...or George...or Ringo. Its still worth buying though..... for anyone  who hasn't heard the stories about John and Paul hitchhiking to Paris....or that Paul and George hitchhiked to Wales.....and that the song Please Please Me originally started out as a slow Roy Orbison type number.

                                          There is also a lot of looking back on the McCartney and McCartney ll albums, which is frustrating when you (or at least I) want to read about the new album. On the plus side though, the recent photos by Mary are great, the new album review is encouraging (I'm hoping it didn't get a 9/10 rating in order to secure the 'exclusive'interview?), and the McCartney poster/booklet is a nice touch bit of nostalgia for anyone wanting to relive the early months of 1970. 

                                          There really should be a drinking game when reading or listening to a McCartney interview. Any time he mentions the Beatles or any one of them individually, you have to drink a shot -lol

                                          I'm in!

                                            oobu24 wrote:

                                            Yankeefan2 wrote:
                                            Kestrel wrote:

                                            For anyone planning to buy 'Uncut' for the 'exclusive interview', don't bother,save your money and put it towards the album instead. As usual with a Paul interview, it took him just a couple of sentences to get on the subject of the Beatles, and when he's not talking about the Beatles, then its John...or George...or Ringo. Its still worth buying though..... for anyone  who hasn't heard the stories about John and Paul hitchhiking to Paris....or that Paul and George hitchhiked to Wales.....and that the song Please Please Me originally started out as a slow Roy Orbison type number.

                                            There is also a lot of looking back on the McCartney and McCartney ll albums, which is frustrating when you (or at least I) want to read about the new album. On the plus side though, the recent photos by Mary are great, the new album review is encouraging (I'm hoping it didn't get a 9/10 rating in order to secure the 'exclusive'interview?), and the McCartney poster/booklet is a nice touch bit of nostalgia for anyone wanting to relive the early months of 1970. 

                                            There really should be a drinking game when reading or listening to a McCartney interview. Any time he mentions the Beatles or any one of them individually, you have to drink a shot -lol

                                            I'm in!

                                            Ha ha ha ha! Sure I'll drink to that.

                                              Pages