With the release of "McCartney III", I thought it would be fun to see what fans on this board listen to most/least of the albums they own. Please select your top/bottom five in order and I will assigned points to your selections. The number one selection gets 5 points and so on. It would be more interesting if you put a comment next to each selection. I will start. Note ** McCartney II and Wild Life" are not on least because they are one of the few albums I never bought -lol. I will total up points after a month.
Top 5 Most
1) MAF - Really love this upbeat/commercial album which just puts me in a good mood. Love dancing around to songs like "That Was Me", "Dance Tonight", "Ever Present Past" and "Only Mama Knows". One of my recent all time favorite songs is "House Of Wax" which is very hautning and has cool guitar solo.
2) CHAOS - I consider it the top McCartney solo album and the only reason I list it as #2 is that generally is a pretty somber album. It has so many classics IMO like "Too Much Rain", "Riding To Vanity Fair", How Kind Of You" and "Promise To You Girl". You have to be in a certain type of mood to listen to this album and I usually listen to it with a glass of wine -lol
3) FITD - This album will always be special to me because it was the album he played for his first solo tour and I loved many of the songs especially after hearing them live. Another fun album to listen to because of songs like "My Brave Face", "Figure Of Eight, "We Got Married and "Put It There".
4) Egypt Station - Good overall quality and diversity of songs. This album has more songs than any others on my McCartney playlist on my IPOD which I listen to jogging. Another album that has a bunch of songs that are fun to dance to - ha ha.
5) McCartney III - Obviously part of the reason is it is the latest album but I also really like it.
Top 5 Least
1) Pipes Of Peace - I forgot I even had this album that is how little I listened to it, this album disappointed me so much after the excellent TOW.
2) Off The Ground - I think the last time I put this album on was about a month after I saw McCartney live in 1993. A few decent songs like "Hope Of Deliverance" but little else to make me want to play it again.
3) Press To Play - I never like the overall sound of the album and not enough quality songs on it to spark my interest again.
4) Driving Rain - guitar oriented album that had a few moments I really enjoyed like "About You" but not enough to want to listen to it again.
5) New - this album just never did anything for me and is collecting dust. It is not bad album and I enjoy a couple of songs like "I Can Bet" and "Early Days" , if I played it again, I would skip quite a few songs.