Home

The lyrics 1956 to present

564 views

33 posts

Last post 08/03/2021

Posted by Rockerdude

      Pages

      Original post

      New book from Paul

      https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241519330/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_20FMJG6Q2F0RPH35042C

      More often than I can count, I've been asked if I would write an autobiography, but the time has never been right. The one thing I've always managed to do, whether at home or on the road, is to write new songs. I know that some people, when they get to a certain age, like to go to a diary to recall day-to-day events from the past, but I have no such notebooks. What I do have are my songs, hundreds of them, which I've learned serve much the same purpose. And these songs span my entire life.'In this extraordinary book, with unparalleled candour, Paul McCartney recounts his life and art through the prism of 154 songs from all stages of his career - from his earliest boyhood compositions through the legendary decade of The Beatles, to Wings and his solo albums to the present. Arranged alphabetically to provide a kaleidoscopic rather than chronological account, it establishes definitive texts of the songs' lyrics for the first time and describes the circumstances in which they were written, the people and places that inspired them, and what he thinks of them now. Presented with this is a treasure trove of material from McCartney's personal archive - drafts, letters, photographs - never seen before, which make this also a unique visual record of one of the greatest songwriters of all time.We learn intimately about the man, the creative process, the working out of melodies, the moments of inspiration. The voice and personality of Paul McCartney sings off every page. There has never been a book about a great musician like it

        Thanks for posting! Here's article about the book due out Nov 2 2021

        https://bestclassicbands.com/paul-mccartney-lyrics-book-2021-2-24-21/

         

          Here's Paul's youtube promo for the book

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeGehOz7eU

           

            darrel wrote:

            New book from Paul

            https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241519330/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_20FMJG6Q2F0RPH35042C

            More often than I can count, I've been asked if I would write an autobiography, but the time has never been right. The one thing I've always managed to do, whether at home or on the road, is to write new songs. I know that some people, when they get to a certain age, like to go to a diary to recall day-to-day events from the past, but I have no such notebooks. What I do have are my songs, hundreds of them, which I've learned serve much the same purpose. And these songs span my entire life.'In this extraordinary book, with unparalleled candour, Paul McCartney recounts his life and art through the prism of 154 songs from all stages of his career - from his earliest boyhood compositions through the legendary decade of The Beatles, to Wings and his solo albums to the present. Arranged alphabetically to provide a kaleidoscopic rather than chronological account, it establishes definitive texts of the songs' lyrics for the first time and describes the circumstances in which they were written, the people and places that inspired them, and what he thinks of them now. Presented with this is a treasure trove of material from McCartney's personal archive - drafts, letters, photographs - never seen before, which make this also a unique visual record of one of the greatest songwriters of all time.We learn intimately about the man, the creative process, the working out of melodies, the moments of inspiration. The voice and personality of Paul McCartney sings off every page. There has never been a book about a great musician like it

            If this book is mostly Beatle songs, I will pass on it.

              Yankeefan2 wrote:

              If this book is mostly Beatle songs, I will pass on it.

              I wish it would start after he left the Beatles.

                I pre-ordered the set earlier today, looking forward to getting it!

                  oobu24 wrote:

                  Yankeefan2 wrote:

                  If this book is mostly Beatle songs, I will pass on it.

                  I wish it would start after he left the Beatles.

                  I agree. The book "Blackbird Singing " years ago covered the lyrics of Beatle songs, why do that again?

                    I do hope it includes the lyrics to Rocky Raccoon!

                    Some of us were debating whether it was 'mountain' or 'minin'.... some healthy debate on that, back in the day.

                    I think we agreed in the end that it probably was the latter, even though I was one who went with the official White Album sheet at first.... and yet the only thing I am 100 per-cent convinced of is that there is no such thing as 100 per-cent....

                    a bit of closure would be good, though.... we might get the definitive answer.... I'm looking forward to the book.

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                      Another article with more comments from editor Paul Muldoon

                      https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/feb/24/paul-mccartney-to-publish-900-page-lyrical-autobiography-the-lyrics

                        toris wrote:

                        I do hope it includes the lyrics to Rocky Raccoon!

                        Some of us were debating whether it was 'mountain' or 'minin'.... some healthy debate on that, back in the day.

                        I think we agreed in the end that it probably was the latter, even though I was one who went with the official White Album sheet at first.... and yet the only thing I am 100 per-cent convinced of is that there is no such thing as 100 per-cent....

                        a bit of closure would be good, though.... we might get the definitive answer.... I'm looking forward to the book.

                        oh no! Not this again! Nancy finally Heard the correct lyrics. It was "mining" all along!

                         

                        I bet Paul will mis-remember some of his stories...as usual.

                          oobu24 wrote:

                          toris wrote:

                          I do hope it includes the lyrics to Rocky Raccoon!

                          Some of us were debating whether it was 'mountain' or 'minin'.... some healthy debate on that, back in the day.

                          I think we agreed in the end that it probably was the latter, even though I was one who went with the official White Album sheet at first.... and yet the only thing I am 100 per-cent convinced of is that there is no such thing as 100 per-cent....

                          a bit of closure would be good, though.... we might get the definitive answer.... I'm looking forward to the book.

                          oh no! Not this again! Nancy finally Heard the correct lyrics. It was "mining" all along!

                          I bet Paul will mis-remember some of his stories...as usual.

                          😂

                            Ordered mine.  Interesting to speculate over what will be  included.  Perhaps it will end up being like his live set lists--half Beatles, half solo compositions.  I would think the track list for Pure McCartney is a good approximation of what the post-Beatles inclusions will be.  The stories told about Yesterday, Hey Jude,etc have been told so many times that I hope it is heavily weighted to post-Beatles material but don't count on it.

                            Would love to be in London at whatever bookstore hosts a signing as was done for Blackbird Singing, at least I seem to remember that.  

                             

                             

                              joyce wrote:

                              Another article with more comments from editor Paul Muldoon

                              https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/feb/24/paul-mccartney-to-publish-900-page-lyrical-autobiography-the-lyrics

                              Interesting reading... It seems that this is mainly finished.  I'm hoping there will be the type of memories like there are in the deluxe sets

                                darrel wrote:

                                New book from Paul

                                https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241519330/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_20FMJG6Q2F0RPH35042C

                                More often than I can count, I've been asked if I would write an autobiography, but the time has never been right. The one thing I've always managed to do, whether at home or on the road, is to write new songs. I know that some people, when they get to a certain age, like to go to a diary to recall day-to-day events from the past, but I have no such notebooks. What I do have are my songs, hundreds of them, which I've learned serve much the same purpose. And these songs span my entire life.'In this extraordinary book, with unparalleled candour, Paul McCartney recounts his life and art through the prism of 154 songs from all stages of his career - from his earliest boyhood compositions through the legendary decade of The Beatles, to Wings and his solo albums to the present. Arranged alphabetically to provide a kaleidoscopic rather than chronological account, it establishes definitive texts of the songs' lyrics for the first time and describes the circumstances in which they were written, the people and places that inspired them, and what he thinks of them now. Presented with this is a treasure trove of material from McCartney's personal archive - drafts, letters, photographs - never seen before, which make this also a unique visual record of one of the greatest songwriters of all time.We learn intimately about the man, the creative process, the working out of melodies, the moments of inspiration. The voice and personality of Paul McCartney sings off every page. There has never been a book about a great musician like it

                                Wonder what this book will cost, bet it is at the very least $35-$40.

                                  Yankeefan2 wrote:

                                  darrel wrote:

                                  New book from Paul

                                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241519330/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_20FMJG6Q2F0RPH35042C

                                  More often than I can count, I've been asked if I would write an autobiography, but the time has never been right. The one thing I've always managed to do, whether at home or on the road, is to write new songs. I know that some people, when they get to a certain age, like to go to a diary to recall day-to-day events from the past, but I have no such notebooks. What I do have are my songs, hundreds of them, which I've learned serve much the same purpose. And these songs span my entire life.'In this extraordinary book, with unparalleled candour, Paul McCartney recounts his life and art through the prism of 154 songs from all stages of his career - from his earliest boyhood compositions through the legendary decade of The Beatles, to Wings and his solo albums to the present. Arranged alphabetically to provide a kaleidoscopic rather than chronological account, it establishes definitive texts of the songs' lyrics for the first time and describes the circumstances in which they were written, the people and places that inspired them, and what he thinks of them now. Presented with this is a treasure trove of material from McCartney's personal archive - drafts, letters, photographs - never seen before, which make this also a unique visual record of one of the greatest songwriters of all time.We learn intimately about the man, the creative process, the working out of melodies, the moments of inspiration. The voice and personality of Paul McCartney sings off every page. There has never been a book about a great musician like it

                                  Wonder what this book will cost, bet it is at the very least $35-$40.

                                  It is $100. It is actually 2 books. Click on this link, then Pre-order to check out various places to order from:

                                  https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/the-lyrics-1956-to-the-present-to-be-published-in-november

                                    Nancy R wrote:

                                    Yankeefan2 wrote:
                                    darrel wrote:

                                    New book from Paul

                                    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241519330/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_20FMJG6Q2F0RPH35042C

                                    More often than I can count, I've been asked if I would write an autobiography, but the time has never been right. The one thing I've always managed to do, whether at home or on the road, is to write new songs. I know that some people, when they get to a certain age, like to go to a diary to recall day-to-day events from the past, but I have no such notebooks. What I do have are my songs, hundreds of them, which I've learned serve much the same purpose. And these songs span my entire life.'In this extraordinary book, with unparalleled candour, Paul McCartney recounts his life and art through the prism of 154 songs from all stages of his career - from his earliest boyhood compositions through the legendary decade of The Beatles, to Wings and his solo albums to the present. Arranged alphabetically to provide a kaleidoscopic rather than chronological account, it establishes definitive texts of the songs' lyrics for the first time and describes the circumstances in which they were written, the people and places that inspired them, and what he thinks of them now. Presented with this is a treasure trove of material from McCartney's personal archive - drafts, letters, photographs - never seen before, which make this also a unique visual record of one of the greatest songwriters of all time.We learn intimately about the man, the creative process, the working out of melodies, the moments of inspiration. The voice and personality of Paul McCartney sings off every page. There has never been a book about a great musician like it

                                    Wonder what this book will cost, bet it is at the very least $35-$40.

                                    It is $100. It is actually 2 books. Click on this link, then Pre-order to check out various places to order from:

                                    https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/the-lyrics-1956-to-the-present-to-be-published-in-november

                                    I think I will pass on this one.

                                      What's sometimes funny with songs is you can be sad and sitting in a cramped area, not feeling or caring about writing - 

                                      Then turn out an optimistic catchy song ...

                                      Do you say "Oh yeah I was going for that and nailed it" or do you say I was sad and in a cramped area and it came to me."

                                      Other times you can be inspired and ready to write and it doesn't turn out as good.  

                                      There is a magic when you capture a song and who knows how it got to you and how it wrote itself ...

                                      It is cool to know when and where and how some of them came about ... these releases are getting more out of my reach price wise, although I would enjoy it...

                                      I also agree with wanting to see more Wings and solo Paul, because those aren't talked about as much and there is a lot of good material.

                                       

                                       

                                       

                                        I certainly hope Fireman Paul has some lyrics from Rushes and Electric Arguments.  Ecce Cor Meum is so very beautiful, I’m praying there is something from that album as well   

                                        So is anyone buying both sets?

                                          Pages