Home

Grandkids or kids

761 views

41 posts

Last post 19/01/2022

Posted by NJR

      Pages

      Nancy R wrote:

      Yankeefan2 wrote:

      Don't have grandchildren, we have two daughters and wonder if we will ever have one -lol. Anyway, I think I have mentioned my daughters danced professionally and this is one clip I can show of my youngest daughter years ago. At 00:37 seconds of the clip, she comes from the right of the screen and you can follow her for about 35 seconds. The clip goes on and it is pretty good dance. Hope you like it.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j16J3MAxHRk

      Very nice! How old are your daughters now? 

      This is the most recent of my granddaughter, taken June 17th when she turned 9 months old.

       

      Here's me at 10 months. 

      Oh, Nancy. You looked like a porcelain doll. And it's true you do bear a resemblance to your little girl. It's very striking. 

        ^ Thank you Yankeefan & Little Willow! My mom and I went over to see her today. She pulls herself up on everything - before we know it, she'll be walking! And she got 4 top teeth in the past month since I last saw her!!  This was today 6/27.

         

          Nancy R wrote:

          ^ Thank you Yankeefan & Little Willow! My mom and I went over to see her today. She pulls herself up on everything - before we know it, she'll be walking! And she got 4 top teeth in the past month since I last saw her!!  This was today 6/27.

           

           

          Oh, she is pretty :)

            Yankeefan, thanks for sharing the photo of your daughters dance. It was beautiful with an Asian inspiration with the music! Really very Zen 

            Nancy as always, enjoying the pictures of your Mini Me granddaughter!  She’s a real beauty!

              love2travel wrote:

              Yankeefan, thanks for sharing the photo of your daughters dance. It was beautiful with an Asian inspiration with the music! Really very Zen 

              Nancy as always, enjoying the pictures of your Mini Me granddaughter!  She’s a real beauty!

              Glad you enjoyed it. She  also danced for short period of time with a couple of ballet companies. She now teaches and does choreography but will do guest artist appearances at different companies "The Nutcracker".

                love2travel wrote:

                Yankeefan, thanks for sharing the photo of your daughters dance. It was beautiful with an Asian inspiration with the music! Really very Zen 

                Nancy as always, enjoying the pictures of your Mini Me granddaughter!  She’s a real beauty!

                Thanks so much! 

                  Reyah 7/17/21 10 months old! (that's her "Beatle" style hair! 😂

                  Usually it's combed over like this:

                    Yankeefan2 wrote:

                    love2travel wrote:

                    Yankeefan, thanks for sharing the photo of your daughters dance. It was beautiful with an Asian inspiration with the music! Really very Zen 

                    Nancy as always, enjoying the pictures of your Mini Me granddaughter!  She’s a real beauty!

                    Glad you enjoyed it. She  also danced for short period of time with a couple of ballet companies. She now teaches and does choreography but will do guest artist appearances at different companies "The Nutcracker".

                    Two teaching and choreography, that’s pretty cool.  Would enjoy seeing any other clips that you have. Ballet is really so beautiful to watch. Wish Paul had made a DVD of His ballet. 

                      love2travel wrote:

                      Yankeefan2 wrote:
                      love2travel wrote:

                      Yankeefan, thanks for sharing the photo of your daughters dance. It was beautiful with an Asian inspiration with the music! Really very Zen 

                      Nancy as always, enjoying the pictures of your Mini Me granddaughter!  She’s a real beauty!

                      Glad you enjoyed it. She  also danced for short period of time with a couple of ballet companies. She now teaches and does choreography but will do guest artist appearances at different companies "The Nutcracker".

                      Two teaching and choreography, that’s pretty cool.  Would enjoy seeing any other clips that you have. Ballet is really so beautiful to watch. Wish Paul had made a DVD of His ballet. 

                      I wish I did have clips of her in other professional performances but I am not aware of any others. Kind of got lucky with that one I posted, it was used to help promote the "Moving Poets" company.  There are a couple of clips from her  one of her years at FSU that was posted on youtube. It was fairly lengthy modern dance choreographed by upper classman at FSU dance department. BTW - One of my daughters ballet teachers when she was younger danced with the ABT in NY for several years, not only a great teacher but a fun person also. (we are FB friends -lol)

                      I totally agree with you, I wish there was DVD of Paul's balet also.

                        My 90 year old mom with her great-granddaughter on July 25th. Reyah is 10months old now.

                          1st birthday party for my granddaughter. Unicorn theme - her shoes even have unicorns on them! 😂

                            I don't have good news. My granddaughter has been taken to the ER 3 times in the middle of the night this past week with fevers of 104-106 and vomiting the last 2 times. They ruled out Covid and UTI (urinary tract infection) and think it is an adenovirus. They don't have the results back yet on one bacterial test, but they gave her a prescription for antibiotics anyway. I had told her to take her to the children's hospital I used to work at if it happened again, but they didn't. If it happens a 4th time they will drive the 30 miles to Atlanta though. I am so worried because a FUO (fever of unknown origin) can mean leukemia and her 1st cousin died of leukemia at age 2 last year! 

                            Also, my son is sick! Not Covid, flu or strep, but must also be viral because antibiotics aren't helping. 

                            So, nobody is able to come over today for my mom's 91st birthday. 😢

                              Sorry to hear about all the illnesses. Hope everyone gets better.

                                Nancy R wrote:

                                I don't have good news. My granddaughter has been taken to the ER 3 times in the middle of the night this past week with fevers of 104-106 and vomiting the last 2 times. They ruled out Covid and UTI (urinary tract infection) and think it is an adenovirus. They don't have the results back yet on one bacterial test, but they gave her a prescription for antibiotics anyway. I had told her to take her to the children's hospital I used to work at if it happened again, but they didn't. If it happens a 4th time they will drive the 30 miles to Atlanta though. I am so worried because a FUO (fever of unknown origin) can mean leukemia and her 1st cousin died of leukemia at age 2 last year! 

                                Also, my son is sick! Not Covid, flu or strep, but must also be viral because antibiotics aren't helping. 

                                So, nobody is able to come over today for my mom's 91st birthday. 😢

                                Very sorry Nancy, I hope everyone gets better. Congrats to your Mom on turning 91.  Love the picture of her with her great grandaughter. 

                                  I don't know if I mentioned it before so if I did I am sorry to repeat it. My oldest daughter is the dance teacher for a young boy (13 years old) who will be appearing in the new Broadway show "Flying Over Sunset" that starts previews next week. He has has been in feature in NY Times article about young performers on Broadway last August. The family of the boy has told my daughter that they would love her to come to the show and to let them know if she decides to come and they will get her tickets.

                                    Thanks oobu & Yankeefan. Will keep you posted. 

                                    Yankeefan, hope your daughter gets to go to NYC. I haven't seen a Broadway show since 2009 which was "A Steady Rain" with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig. Hugh Jackman has just started rehearsals for "The Music Man" (he plays Harold Hill) which opens Dec. 20th. 

                                      Nancy R wrote:

                                      Thanks oobu & Yankeefan. Will keep you posted. 

                                      Yankeefan, hope your daughter gets to go to NYC. I haven't seen a Broadway show since 2009 which was "A Steady Rain" with Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig. Hugh Jackman has just started rehearsals for "The Music Man" (he plays Harold Hill) which opens Dec. 20th. 

                                      My wife and I have told her she needs to go and told her we would buy her plane ticket -lol.  I think her main concern is taking a few days off and getting substitute teachers for her classes. She is basically a contract worker and does not get paid if she does not teach.  Also, she has been invited to go to see "Wicked" and would get free tickets. The daughter of the dance studio owner she works for as told her to come see her in it before she leaves the show next spring. I would love to see Hugh Jackman in "The Music Man" !! The last Broadway show I saw was "Come From Away" in 2018 and it was fantastic !!

                                        Nancy R wrote:

                                        I don't have good news. My granddaughter has been taken to the ER 3 times in the middle of the night this past week with fevers of 104-106 and vomiting the last 2 times. They ruled out Covid and UTI (urinary tract infection) and think it is an adenovirus. They don't have the results back yet on one bacterial test, but they gave her a prescription for antibiotics anyway. I had told her to take her to the children's hospital I used to work at if it happened again, but they didn't. If it happens a 4th time they will drive the 30 miles to Atlanta though. I am so worried because a FUO (fever of unknown origin) can mean leukemia and her 1st cousin died of leukemia at age 2 last year! 

                                        Also, my son is sick! Not Covid, flu or strep, but must also be viral because antibiotics aren't helping. 

                                        So, nobody is able to come over today for my mom's 91st birthday. 😢

                                        Sorry to hear about your news here Nancy. I hope there are some improvements since you wrote this. 

                                          The_Fool wrote:

                                          Nancy R wrote:

                                          I don't have good news. My granddaughter has been taken to the ER 3 times in the middle of the night this past week with fevers of 104-106 and vomiting the last 2 times. They ruled out Covid and UTI (urinary tract infection) and think it is an adenovirus. They don't have the results back yet on one bacterial test, but they gave her a prescription for antibiotics anyway. I had told her to take her to the children's hospital I used to work at if it happened again, but they didn't. If it happens a 4th time they will drive the 30 miles to Atlanta though. I am so worried because a FUO (fever of unknown origin) can mean leukemia and her 1st cousin died of leukemia at age 2 last year! 

                                          Also, my son is sick! Not Covid, flu or strep, but must also be viral because antibiotics aren't helping. 

                                          So, nobody is able to come over today for my mom's 91st birthday. 😢

                                          Sorry to hear about your news here Nancy. I hope there are some improvements since you wrote this. 

                                          Yes, there has been! She was a lot better today. (Sunday) No fever. My daughter said she was in a pretty good mood and playing and eating better. She has been drinking regular whole milk for quite a while now. In 10 days she will be 14 months old! Fingers crossed that her temperature stays normal! My son just has a lousy cold. 

                                          Thanks for your concern! 

                                            Nancy R wrote:

                                            The_Fool wrote:
                                            Nancy R wrote:

                                            I don't have good news. My granddaughter has been taken to the ER 3 times in the middle of the night this past week with fevers of 104-106 and vomiting the last 2 times. They ruled out Covid and UTI (urinary tract infection) and think it is an adenovirus. They don't have the results back yet on one bacterial test, but they gave her a prescription for antibiotics anyway. I had told her to take her to the children's hospital I used to work at if it happened again, but they didn't. If it happens a 4th time they will drive the 30 miles to Atlanta though. I am so worried because a FUO (fever of unknown origin) can mean leukemia and her 1st cousin died of leukemia at age 2 last year! 

                                            Also, my son is sick! Not Covid, flu or strep, but must also be viral because antibiotics aren't helping. 

                                            So, nobody is able to come over today for my mom's 91st birthday. 😢

                                            Sorry to hear about your news here Nancy. I hope there are some improvements since you wrote this. 

                                            Yes, there has been! She was a lot better today. (Sunday) No fever. My daughter said she was in a pretty good mood and playing and eating better. She has been drinking regular whole milk for quite a while now. In 10 days she will be 14 months old! Fingers crossed that her temperature stays normal! My son just has a lousy cold. 

                                            Thanks for your concern! 

                                            Great news !!

                                              Pages