Home

Fab Fest in Charlotte, NC

4 posts

Last post about 8 hours ago

Posted by Nancy R

Original post

They moved the festival to July 9-10. Instead of a 3-day festival, the convention is Sat. the 10th. The Fab Four perform Fri. night the 9th and then on the night of the 10th there is something called Tosco Music Beatles Tribute. Was able to change hotel reservations no problem. Now comes the hassle of figuring out what they owe me since what I've already paid is too much.I talked to a woman with the ticket company, and need to call back tomorrow to get it all straightened out. Leslie is going with me and now has to change her flights to and from Atlanta! Luckily it's Southwest. 

Got everything straightened out and they immediately refunded my AMEX $104.14. This time I had left a voice mail and a man called me back. Our concert tickets were transferred over to the new dates with no additional charge, even though the cost had gone up slightly. 

My first concert outing in almost 2 years will be June 5th to see the Beatles tribute band The Return in Dahlonega, GA. My son and I will both be fully vaccinated (he will be 2 weeks past his 2nd shot) Can't wait! (we have front row seats for this too, like The Fab Four concert in Charlotte) 

Nancy R wrote:

Got everything straightened out and they immediately refunded my AMEX $104.14. This time I had left a voice mail and a man called me back. Our concert tickets were transferred over to the new dates with no additional charge, even though the cost had gone up slightly. 

My first concert outing in almost 2 years will be June 5th to see the Beatles tribute band The Return in Dahlonega, GA. My son and I will both be fully vaccinated (he will be 2 weeks past his 2nd shot) Can't wait! (we have front row seats for this too, like The Fab Four concert in Charlotte) 

I live in Charlotte NC. I checked it and saw the concert will be at the Belk Theatre which is very nice, it is where they have their  Broadway tour shows. I live about a 15 minute drive from there and when I was working it was less than 10 minute walk.  The Belk Theater is part of the Bluementhal Performing Arts Center. As for close restaurants, my wife and I liked "Aria Tuscan Grill" which is a nice Italian place. (not cheap but very good). The other place was small Chinese place called "Soho Bistro" which we enjoyed and once again not cheap. We have not been there since the lockdown so hopefully they are still there and the quality has remained good.  Have a great time !!

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:

I live in Charlotte NC. I checked it and saw the concert will be at the Belk Theatre which is very nice, it is where they have their  Broadway tour shows. I live about a 15 minute drive from there and when I was working it was less than 10 minute walk.  The Belk Theater is part of the Bluementhal Performing Arts Center. As for close restaurants, my wife and I liked "Aria Tuscan Grill" which is a nice Italian place. (not cheap but very good). The other place was small Chinese place called "Soho Bistro" which we enjoyed and once again not cheap. We have not been there since the lockdown so hopefully they are still there and the quality has remained good.  Have a great time !!

Thanks! We probably will not want to spend that much on eating though! When I go to these kind of events, the faster the food, the better! 😂 You should come to the festival! I got a return call from the promoter and he was so nice! He said they would be emailing our tickets a week before for the actual festival which is on Saturday the 10th from 10 am - 5 pm. Already have our new concert tickets for Friday and Saturday night. They moved them from the Knight Theater to the larger Belk Theater. We still have front row for The Fab Four! 

https://fabfestcharlotte.org/

box office: 704-372-1000