Home

Paul Mccartney 2022 - rumours

422 views

9 posts

Last post 30/06/2021

Posted by Dennis Arts

      Original post

      Tonight I was listening to my favorite radio station, here in the Netherlands.  After the DJ played Maybe I’m Amazed, he just casually said that Paul Mccartney will be coming to the Netherlands next year when he’ll be 80 years old! I don’t know what his source or whatever is, but he is a fan and as a DJ he could know these kind of things quite early on... anyway, keep your eyes and ears wide open for news or confirmations...! Anyway, it got me interested ;)

        It makes sense for Paul's team to be negotiating with a few European cities for a Spring/Summer 2022 tour and for that info to have been forwarded to a DJ from that region.

        After all, there are musicians who have announced European tours for that timeframe already, such as Eric Clapton in May/June 2022.

          Glastonbury 2022?According to The Sun there is a rumor circulating that Paul, Elton John, Taylor Swift and Coldplay may be playing there.If the pieces fit together it can happen the same as the concerts in Japan and Korean in 2014 and 2015: being "rescheduled".https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13813339/glastonbury-2022-lineup-elton-john-taylor-swift-headline/

            AndrewMBarros wrote:

            Glastonbury 2022?According to The Sun there is a rumor circulating that Paul, Elton John, Taylor Swift and Coldplay may be playing there.If the pieces fit together it can happen the same as the concerts in Japan and Korean in 2014 and 2015: being "rescheduled".https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13813339/glastonbury-2022-lineup-elton-john-taylor-swift-headline/

            Wow sounds like a nice line up.  Elton has said this is his last tour.  Does anyone know the accommodations for Glastonbury? Any chance to get an air BnB? I know it’s terribly muddy and to bring Wellies. How hard is it to get tickets.  I feel I need to go at least once and the Firefly Festival was pretty muddy in Dover, especially in the psychedelic woods, people were losing their shoes in the mud. So surreal...  so I think I could hopefully handle the mud at Glastonbury . Seeing Taylor Swift would be cool as well!

              AndrewMBarros wrote:

              Glastonbury 2022?According to The Sun there is a rumor circulating that Paul, Elton John, Taylor Swift and Coldplay may be playing there.If the pieces fit together it can happen the same as the concerts in Japan and Korean in 2014 and 2015: being "rescheduled".https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13813339/glastonbury-2022-lineup-elton-john-taylor-swift-headline/

              This information is from January. I think we should wait for more fresh news about 2022 concerts.

                I would be surprised if he'll ever be back on the road. Even if the current virus gets under control he's into his 80th year & don't think he wants to risk his health or more importantly encourage mass gatherings furthering the spread of this current Pandemic.

                  Rockerdude wrote:

                  I would be surprised if he'll ever be back on the road. Even if the current virus gets under control he's into his 80th year & don't think he wants to risk his health or more importantly encourage mass gatherings furthering the spread of this current Pandemic.

                  Paul himself said that he wants to go back on tour (he said that in a instagram live to promote "McCartney III Imagined"). Of course, there's not much time left for his touring life, but when he turns 80, he won't automatically be unable to perform. Others from his generation, like Eric Clapton, Elton John and even Ringo, (who will be turning 81 in a few days) have already announced concerts for 2022.

                  If he is feeling good, I believe we should expect some shows next year. We can't predict Paul's plans, let's just wait and see what happens on the future.

                  For now, NYC is planning a big concert at Central Park on August and promoters want eight iconic stars to perform a three-hour show. Maybe Paul is gonna be one of these "iconic stars".

                    Dennis Arts wrote:

                    Tonight I was listening to my favorite radio station, here in the Netherlands.  After the DJ played Maybe I’m Amazed, he just casually said that Paul Mccartney will be coming to the Netherlands next year when he’ll be 80 years old! I don’t know what his source or whatever is, but he is a fan and as a DJ he could know these kind of things quite early on... anyway, keep your eyes and ears wide open for news or confirmations...! Anyway, it got me interested 

                    Which radiostation and what was the time? Sounds promising! I had tickets for Nijmegen last year...

                      YeTommy98 wrote:

                      Dennis Arts wrote:

                      Tonight I was listening to my favorite radio station, here in the Netherlands.  After the DJ played Maybe I’m Amazed, he just casually said that Paul Mccartney will be coming to the Netherlands next year when he’ll be 80 years old! I don’t know what his source or whatever is, but he is a fan and as a DJ he could know these kind of things quite early on... anyway, keep your eyes and ears wide open for news or confirmations...! Anyway, it got me interested 

                      Which radiostation and what was the time? Sounds promising! I had tickets for Nijmegen last year...

                      Yeah, me too ;) It was NPO radio 2, de Staat van Stasse. This program is on air between 8 and 10 pm. And the show I am referring to was monday 21st of june.