Home

Remove Notifications

10 posts

Last post 07/10/2021

Posted by Nancy R

Original post

I turned on the "notifications" so I am notified when somebody responds to my post. My question is how do I get rid of these notifications once I have seen them. They can pile up and don't need to see them. Please advise.

Yankeefan2 wrote:

I turned on the "notifications" so I am notified when somebody responds to my post. My question is how do I get rid of these notifications once I have seen them. They can pile up and don't need to see them. Please advise.

You can't. That's why I don't turn on notifications! Just look at the threads you're interested in that have the red dot by them when you click on While You Were Away. 

Nancy R wrote:

Yankeefan2 wrote:

You can't. That's why I don't turn on notifications! Just look at the threads you're interested in that have the red dot by them when you click on While You Were Away. 

I thought you could click on the head and shoulders Icon and go to "preferences " scroll down and click the on / off. ( I don't know if you have to log out, then back?) I am only guessing - since I have mine turned off. Does this feature work?  Sometimes it seems logical until you find out the site disabled the feature.

Nancy R wrote:

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Damn -lol. I turned it off so there will not be anymore. I guess I am stuck with these things, oh well the world will not end. Notice that users of the site responded to me but not people who administer the board. I can't tell you how fast I received message when I responded to your post with picture and did not delete the picture .

The_Fool wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
              Yankeefan2 wrote:

I thought you could click on the head and shoulders Icon and go to "preferences " scroll down and click the on / off. ( I don't know if you have to log out, then back?) I am only guessing - since I have mine turned off. Does this feature work?  Sometimes it seems logical until you find out the site disabled the feature.

Thanks. I did turn it off and then logged out and came back in and they are still there. At least there will not be any more.

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                Yankeefan2 wrote:

Damn -lol. I turned it off so there will not be anymore. I guess I am stuck with these things, oh well the world will not end. Notice that users of the site responded to me but not people who administer the board. I can't tell you how fast I received message when I responded to your post with picture and did not delete the picture .

😂 

It is possible that after a time the notifications will begin to disappear, just like when the Mod sends you one, eventually it disappears. 

I don’t understand the notifications anyway. It doesn’t connect the notification to the post, at least for me. I have no idea which post I’m being notified about? 

love2travel wrote:

I don’t understand the notifications anyway. It doesn’t connect the notification to the post, at least for me. I have no idea which post I’m being notified about? 

Just turn them off and click on While You We're Away. 

Nancy R wrote:

Yankeefan2 wrote:
                      Nancy R wrote:
                      Yankeefan2 wrote:

😂 

It is possible that after a time the notifications will begin to disappear, just like when the Mod sends you one, eventually it disappears. 

Yes, they do disappear after time and are all gone.

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                        Yankeefan2 wrote:
                        Nancy R wrote:
                        Yankeefan2 wrote:

😂 

Yes, they do disappear after time and are all gone.

Yay! 😂