Home

Longest-running Billboard #1 singles from the 1960s

69 views

5 posts

Last post 06/07/2021

Posted by Nancy R

      Original post

      Guess who dominates this? The Beatles have 5 songs on the list and actually tied for #1 although they are listed as #2! 

      https://stacker.com/stories/1357/longest-running-billboard-1-singles-1960s

        Nancy R wrote:

        Guess who dominates this? The Beatles have 5 songs on the list and actually tied for #1 although they are listed as #2! 

        https://stacker.com/stories/1357/longest-running-billboard-1-singles-1960s

        Yeah, what's up with that?  They never felt the need to say why "Summer Place,"  with the same number of weeks at #1 (Nine) as "Hey Jude" was listed as # 1 overall???  And can they never mention "He's So Fine" without  bringing George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" into it?  Must the two be forever linked??  It's annoying.  I didn't agree with the court ruling then....on those three notes....and I don't now, and I never will!!!!  

          Beatles4Ever wrote:

          Nancy R wrote:

          Guess who dominates this? The Beatles have 5 songs on the list and actually tied for #1 although they are listed as #2! 

          https://stacker.com/stories/1357/longest-running-billboard-1-singles-1960s

          Yeah, what's up with that?  They never felt the need to say why "Summer Place,"  with the same number of weeks at #1 (Nine) as "Hey Jude" was listed as # 1 overall???  And can they never mention "He's So Fine" without  bringing George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" into it?  Must the two be forever linked??  It's annoying.  I didn't agree with the court ruling then....on those three notes....and I don't now, and I never will!!!!  

          C'mon, tell us how you REALLY feel! 😂

            Nancy R wrote:

            Beatles4Ever wrote:
            Nancy R wrote:

            Guess who dominates this? The Beatles have 5 songs on the list and actually tied for #1 although they are listed as #2! 

            https://stacker.com/stories/1357/longest-running-billboard-1-singles-1960s

            Yeah, what's up with that?  They never felt the need to say why "Summer Place,"  with the same number of weeks at #1 (Nine) as "Hey Jude" was listed as # 1 overall???  And can they never mention "He's So Fine" without  bringing George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" into it?  Must the two be forever linked??  It's annoying.  I didn't agree with the court ruling then....on those three notes....and I don't now, and I never will!!!!  

            C'mon, tell us how you REALLY feel! 😂

            laughYeah, my buttons were pushed for sure!!!

              I can't believe that gross salute to war, "The Ballad of the Green Berets," was no. 1 for five weeks. Ick.

                Bruce M. wrote:

                I can't believe that gross salute to war, "The Ballad of the Green Berets," was no. 1 for five weeks. Ick.

                At least War by Edwin Starr went to #1 in the U.S.

                https://classic.motown.com/story/edwin-starr-war/