Just got back from a 3 Week Road trip. We went to Chattanooga, indianapolis, Chicago and finally to the Atantic City NJ area. We had a great time with only a couple of minor hiccups along the way. Like every trip, it's always good to get back home. Since my wife was doing most of the driving, I had plenty of time to hear a lot of Paul's music via Youtube.
While all of these "Unreleased" songs may not be "technically" Unreleased -- they are all at the very least very Rare and hard to find. Here are my favorites pretty much in order from 12 to 1.
12. Love Mix - First heard on the aborted "Return to Pepperland" album, I like this one particularly the "Waiting for the Sun to Shine" section.
11. Goodbye - (Home Demo written around 1969) - As many know, Paul wrote this one for Mary Hopkin which became a "hit" for her. I love Paul's vocals here and Paul's acoustic guitar playing.
10.. Cage - Was slotted to be the last song on Back to the Egg and was later scrapped. Like this one a lot.
9. Don't Break the Promise (Solo Version) Written with Eric Stewart (10CC) and another track on the aborted "Return to Pepperland" Album. Not fully flushed, but I love Paul's disco-like vocals.
8.. Squid - First leaked on the aborted "Return to Pepperland" album and later on Oobu Joobu Radio Series Part 3. While only an instrumental, I love Paul's happy and joyous melody.
7. India - On Paul's 2002"Secret Show" that I think has since been pulled from Youtube. One of the "live" tracks on this show that I love. While it's more of a hyptnotic, jam-like track with repetitious lyrics, I love the overall music with Paul's complete current Band. I especially love Paul's Bass, Rusty's Electric Guitar and Abe's drumming. The harmonies by the complete Band were also great.
6. Whole Life - Probably not "technically" unreleased, I love this version from Paul and Dave Stewart. It appeared on Nelson Mandela's Foundatlion EP (one of 4 tracks). I like it a little better than the "rough" Whole Life track I heard on the recent Flaming Pie Remaster/Archive Package.
5. A Love For You - Originally written during the Ram Sessions I believe and later appeared on the "In-Laws Movie Soundtrack". This is, in my opinion, the best version.
4. On the Wings Of a Nightingale (Paul's demo) - As we know, Paul wrote and gave this for the Everly Brothers' Comeback Album around the 1983-1984 Period.
3. Lindiana - First heard on the aborted "Return to Peperland" album. Love the melody and Paul's vocals. I always thought Paul was singing "Indiana"about the US State. Perhaps Paul should have spelled the title "Lindi Anna" using 2 words. Great Ballad imo.
2. Waterspout - Extra song from the London Town Sessions that Paul chose not to include on the original album. While the lyrics are a bit daft, how can you not love the catchiness of the tune. Love it!
1. Yvonne's the One - Another co-written song with Eric Stewart during the Press to Play Sesslions, I still can't believe it was left off the album. Love Paul's overall vocal performance and the catch melody. Also love the chorus and Paul's middle. It is still my favorite of all Paul's Unrreleased songs.
If any of my tibits about these songs are wrong (or even slightly wrong) please let us know. Personally, I think all of these songs belong on a future Paul McCartney Compilation Set by Decade. They are all that good in my opinion.