Home

Thinking Of Linking (Song titles)

690 views

56 posts

Last post 09/09/2021

Posted by LadyLeslie

      Pages

      Original post

      Okay,a new game to play although it could be short lived !!  

      The idea is for each poster to link the titles of two seperate song titles ( entirely or co-written by Paul ) where the last word of the first title forms the first word of the second title. If you wish you can type the connecting word in CAPITALS, just to highlight where one title ends and the next one begins although I think we're all probably familiar enough with Paul's work to know that anyway.

      The idea really is to see how many examples we can come up with collectively, so this isn't like the long running Roll Up...Magical Mystery Tour game thread.

      I'll go first with:

      1. Spirits of Ancient EGYPT Station.

         

        As in Get BACK in the USSR?

        Or Get BACK in the Sunshine Again?

        And I love HER Majesty?

          Driving RAIN is self-fulfilling

            Can I add Junk... followed by Hosanna?

            Cos Junk, the song is great.... But the song Hosanna is junk.

            I'm going left-field.

              toris wrote:

               

              As in Get BACK in the USSR?

              Or Get BACK in the Sunshine Again?

              And I love HER Majesty?

              You've got it, three great entries there. 

                toris wrote:

                Driving RAIN is self-fulfilling

                 It is indeed. 

                  I love this game. I'll give it a try. The Kiss of VENUS and Mars

                    Back in the Sunshine AGAIN & again & again

                      Comfort of LOVE Is Strange

                        Demons DANCE tonight

                          So the songs can be his songs written as a Beatle too? What if John co-wrote? 

                          Could I do:

                          P.S. I Love YOU Never Give Me Your Money? 

                          Btw, Egypt Station is not a song. Are album titles useable too? 

                            Nancy R wrote:

                            So the songs can be his songs written as a Beatle too? What if John co-wrote? 

                            Could I do:

                            P.S. I Love YOU Never Give Me Your Money? 

                            Btw, Egypt Station is not a song. Are album titles useable too? 

                            Nancy Egypt Station is the first track of the album. If I remember it well.  It is short and instrumental. But it is also a track :)

                              Little_Willow_ wrote:

                              Nancy R wrote:

                              So the songs can be his songs written as a Beatle too? What if John co-wrote? 

                              Could I do:

                              P.S. I Love YOU Never Give Me Your Money? 

                              Btw, Egypt Station is not a song. Are album titles useable too? 

                              Nancy Egypt Station is the first track of the album. If I remember it well.  It is short and instrumental. But it is also a track :)

                              The first song is called "Opening Station" and it is 42 seconds long. 

                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_Station

                                Nancy R wrote:

                                Little_Willow_ wrote:
                                Nancy R wrote:

                                So the songs can be his songs written as a Beatle too? What if John co-wrote? 

                                Could I do:

                                P.S. I Love YOU Never Give Me Your Money? 

                                Btw, Egypt Station is not a song. Are album titles useable too? 

                                Nancy Egypt Station is the first track of the album. If I remember it well.  It is short and instrumental. But it is also a track :)

                                The first song is called "Opening Station" and it is 42 seconds long. 

                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_Station

                                Oops, I was almost there. Except for one detail. My memory is playing tricks on me. Sorry about that.

                                  Happy With YOU Tell Me 

                                    toris wrote:

                                    Driving RAIN is self-fulfilling

                                    I don't get this one. Unless you are using the John song Rain?

                                    Paul actually has a song you could use:

                                    Driving RAINclouds

                                      Get BACK In Brazil

                                      Get BACK On My Feet 

                                      Beware My LOVE Come Tumbling Down 

                                        Nancy R wrote:

                                        toris wrote:

                                        Driving RAIN is self-fulfilling

                                        I don't get this one. Unless you are using the John song Rain?

                                        Paul actually has a song you could use:

                                        Driving RAINclouds

                                        Yep, I am talking the Beatles' Rain (co-written by Paul..... well credited as such anyhow)

                                          FLYING to my home..

                                           

                                            The Long and Winding ROAD

                                              Pages