Home

Weird Computer Glitch

3 posts

Last post 20/08/2021

Posted by Kestrel

Original post

I've stopped using Google Chrome.  I thinkit was corrupted by a glitch, or someone.  Yesterday I logged on in the morning to Facebook.  No problem.  That afternoon, when I logged back on, EVERYthing had changed.  Nothing looked the same.  And I couldn't log out.  So tonight I got the idea to log in using MSN Bing.  Facebook was back to it's usual format.  Maybe some Techie could explain this.  I've jettisoned Google Chrome as I suspect the problem lay with it for whatever reason.

Weird.  And a little scary too.  

Now I'm re-logging into all my favorite web places using Bing and manually entering my passwords/usernames.  Bit of work, but I feel safer.

LITTLE LAURA wrote:

I've stopped using Google Chrome.  I thinkit was corrupted by a glitch, or someone.  Yesterday I logged on in the morning to Facebook.  No problem.  That afternoon, when I logged back on, EVERYthing had changed.  Nothing looked the same.  And I couldn't log out.  So tonight I got the idea to log in using MSN Bing.  Facebook was back to it's usual format.  Maybe some Techie could explain this.  I've jettisoned Google Chrome as I suspect the problem lay with it for whatever reason.

Weird.  And a little scary too.  

Now I'm re-logging into all my favorite web places using Bing and manually entering my passwords/usernames.  Bit of work, but I feel safer.

Why don't you try reloading the Google Chrome app? I use it almost exclusively and have had no problems with it. I also use Safari and Firefox. 

LITTLE LAURA wrote:

I've stopped using Google Chrome.  I thinkit was corrupted by a glitch, or someone.  Yesterday I logged on in the morning to Facebook.  No problem.  That afternoon, when I logged back on, EVERYthing had changed.  Nothing looked the same. 

I think it was last year that Facebook changed their layout. Maybe you've been using the old layout and were then temporarily switched to the new layout before reverting back again?

I also use Google Chrome but haven't experienced any problems at all.