To follow up Bruce's recent Post (Paul Sings Rock and Roll) I thought I would start a new Post called "Paul Sings and Writes Ballads". My main qualification woud be making a CD with all Post Beatles' Songs. Afterall, we have heard Paul's great Beatle Ballads millions of times.
Here is my 18 Song "Ballads"CD:
1. Warm and Beautiful -Last track on "At the Speed of Sound" and great ballad/Lost Gem.
2. I'm Carrying - From London Town. I like best the acoustic version (Without strings) and on Youtube.
3. Wanderlust - From Tug of WAr . I like best the "Give My Regards to Broadstreet" Version that ends with a little snippet of "Here There and Everywhere".
4. Rainclouds - Leftover from Tug of War and great B-Side. Should have been on Tug of War.
5. Tug of War - From the Album Tug of War with great lyrics
6. Put It There - from Flowers in the Dirt. I like the "live" version the best from Tripping the Live Fantastic.
7. Calico Skies - from Flaming Pie
8. Little Willow - from Flaming Pie
9. Footprints - from Press to Play and great hidden gem.
10. Single Pigeon - from Red Rose Speedway and another great hidden gem
11. Growing Up Falling Down - Leftover from Chaos and Creation. The most obscure selection that I absolutely love.
12. Too Much Rain from Chaos and Creation
13. End of the End - from Memory Almost Full
14. I Don't Know - from Egypt Station
15. Hand In Hand - from Egypt Station
16. Early Days - from the Album called "New"
17. Seize The Day - from McCartney 3 and just shows that Paul is "still" writing great songs
18. Maybe I'm Amazed - from McCartney. Probably the most "known" of all the songs
One think in common with all the songs above is that they all have great "lyrics".