Home

Paul takes a $7 million loss on sale of NY apt.!

208 views

9 posts

Last post 03/03/2022

Posted by NJR

      Original post

      https://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mccartney-sells-new-york-apartment-for-8-5-million-11645135666?fbclid=IwAR0dpNPMnJub46afH4rbDhvBZibNc3Ew6LLeSPem-bGWPh0_2_Z6a8ZnXK4

        It does sadden me to see a poor old OAP lose money like this. Shall we organise a whip round on these boards to help Paul out? 

          Kestrel wrote:

          It does sadden me to see a poor old OAP lose money like this. Shall we organise a whip round on these boards to help Paul out? 

          That's probably why he's going out on tour! HaHa! 

            Kestrel wrote:

            It does sadden me to see a poor old OAP lose money like this. Shall we organise a whip round on these boards to help Paul out? 

            😂 ROTFLMAO! 

              oobu24 wrote:

              Kestrel wrote:

              It does sadden me to see a poor old OAP lose money like this. Shall we organise a whip round on these boards to help Paul out? 

              That's probably why he's going out on tour! HaHa! 

                NJR wrote:

                https://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mccartney-sells-new-york-apartment-for-8-5-million-11645135666?fbclid=IwAR0dpNPMnJub46afH4rbDhvBZibNc3Ew6LLeSPem-bGWPh0_2_Z6a8ZnXK4

                45% loss is quite a bit since he only owned the apartment 7 years  I am more curious as to why he sold it so quickly. 7 million dollars to Paul is like us losing a dollar and his accountants will probably find a way to write this off as a loss on his taxes -lol.

                  It wasn't an easy time even for Macca, lol.

                  I posted in another thread that Paul also lost £2m due to covid. 

                    AndrewMBarros wrote:

                    It wasn't an easy time even for Macca, lol.

                    I posted in another thread that Paul also lost £2m due to covid. 

                    Had it not been for covid though he wouldn't have made McCartney 3 so thinking about all the money that album brought in, I think we can safely say that he ended up making a net gain. 

                      Kestrel wrote:

                      AndrewMBarros wrote:

                      It wasn't an easy time even for Macca, lol.

                      I posted in another thread that Paul also lost £2m due to covid. 

                      Had it not been for covid though he wouldn't have made McCartney 3 so thinking about all the money that album brought in, I think we can safely say that he ended up making a net gain. 

                      Yes, with the sales numbers listed here, he probably made $2-$3 million, depending on how much of the more expensive vinyl was purchased. Then there was the McCartney III Imagined album too.

                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCartney_III