Home

Ukraine

14 posts

Last post 27/03/2022

Posted by love2travel

Original post

Prayers for the people of Ukraine and kudos to them for fighting back hard (even civilians are joining the fight) against the Russian army. 

^Agree! I just hope this doesn't turn into WWIII and/or Armageddon! 😢

For anyone not following Paul on Twitter, he posted this yesterday.

This will go down in history:  The Ukrainian President, in replying to the U.S. invitation to get him safely out of the country, stated....."I need ammunition, not a ride."  

Bruce M. wrote:

For anyone not following Paul on Twitter, he posted this yesterday.

I will always love the Ukraine McCartney fans who selected "Mrs Vanderbilt" to be the song they wanted him to play for them in 2008.

Beatles4Ever wrote:

This will go down in history:  The Ukrainian President, in replying to the U.S. invitation to get him safely out of the country, stated....."I need ammunition, not a ride."  

Great response, that is a leader !!!

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Beatles4Ever wrote:

If it had been Trump, he'd be cowering under his desk begging for someone to get him outta there.

Bruce M. wrote:

Yankeefan2 wrote:
                      Beatles4Ever wrote:

If it had been Trump, he'd be cowering under his desk begging for someone to get him outta there.

You know it! 

Abbey Road Studios Mar. 1, 2022

There is a memo circulating, reportedly leaked from the Russian intelligence service, the FSB, that some more knowledgeable than I believe likely to be authentic. It comments on how terribly the Russian leadership managed this -- not making any sort of moral argument, just saying it was bungled -- and speculating that to salvage something that looks like a victory Putin could resort to tactical (smallish, battle-field-size) nukes. It may not be authentic and it is just speculation (albeit possibly well-informed speculation) but... Christ.

Bruce M. wrote:

There is a memo circulating, reportedly leaked from the Russian intelligence service, the FSB, that some more knowledgeable than I believe likely to be authentic. It comments on how terribly the Russian leadership managed this -- not making any sort of moral argument, just saying it was bungled -- and speculating that to salvage something that looks like a victory Putin could resort to tactical (smallish, battle-field-size) nukes. It may not be authentic and it is just speculation (albeit possibly well-informed speculation) but... Christ.

Somebody needs to grow a pair and assassinate that SOB! (by "somebody" I mean one of his "advisors")  

SNL had some good jokes on Weekend Update and addressed the topic: 

https://youtu.be/qeADI4Lptl4

We donated $500 to the Canadian Red Cross & the government is matching all donations up to 10 million dollars for humanitarian aid to Ukraine. Since we're not going to see Paul this tour; this was the least we could do. 

NJR wrote:

Abbey Road Studios Mar. 1, 2022

Cool that they did this.