Home

Will Paul be attending the Queen's funeral?

4 posts

Last post 16/09/2022

Posted by NJR

Original post

Since Paul was made a Companion of Honour by the Queen, and knighted, will he be attending her funeral?  Haven't seen anything about who's been invited or will be attending, but it's possible a news item has been released. 

Ringo was also knighted, so could be invited as well.   Not sure if a lot of celebrities will be there or not, but it's possible those who have received honors, like Paul, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Ben Kingsley, Joan Collins, Catherine Zeta Jones, Patrick Stewart, Tom Jones, Jane Seymour, J. K. Rowling, etc.  will be there.

Guess we can look for Paul when the state funeral is broadcast.

When exactly is the funeral? Sept 19th? I heard it will be a national holiday for the U.K. (and the Commonwealth too?) 

Yes, it's September 19th at 11 a.m. (London time).    I remember getting up at 3:30 a.m. to watch Charles and Diana's wedding back in the day!

LadyLeslie wrote:

Yes, it's September 19th at 11 a.m. (London time).    I remember getting up at 3:30 a.m. to watch Charles and Diana's wedding back in the day!

I checked my guide on my TV and it has coverage on BBC America starting here at 3am Monday all the way until 12 noon! (EDT) Set DVR. 

I actually got to work about 5:45am (4:45 your time) and was able to watch the entire ceremony before having to start work at 6:45am! Timed out perfectly!