Home

The Beatles Mentioned on TV

31296 views

398 posts

Last post 13/05/2022

Posted by NJR

      Pages

      Beatles-adjacent: On Jeopardy. Famous Moms for $400

      Of Sean Lennon

      Who is Yoko Ono? (of course)

      The 10-day champion of course answers in his weird way "What's Ono?" 

        On the show The Chase, the question was "A dingo is an Australian dog, Ringo is a Beatle and what is a pingo?" (they give you 3 multiple choice answers) The guy got it right - it is a dome-shaped hill. 

          Jeopardy 9/21/21

          Penny Ante for $200

          Inspired at a bus stop, this 1967 song refers to sights and characters on a street in Liverpool.

          The champ, Matt Amodio, got it right: What is Penny Lane?

            Family Guy Sun. Oct. 3rd

            The guys go into a record store called "All Sales Are Vinyl"

            There is a (drawing) poster on the wall that says The Beatles and 1967 drawings of Paul and John. 

            They start talking about the beginnings of different groups and it segues into stories where Peter & his friends play the members of the groups. The first story is about the Doors. The friend playing Ray Manzarek introduces his girlfriend "Yoko O-yes" 😂 She tells them she will always be respectful and never come to their recording sessions and sit on their amps. 

            At the end, Peter says, "Well, I can't think of a better way to end our visit than by remembering the four lads who started a band in 1962 and changed the world forever." 

            At the same time:

            Quagmire: "John, Paul, George & Ringo!"

            Peter: "Steve, Dal, Bob & Robin!"

            Quagmire: "Who?"

            Peter: "The Trashmen!"

            Cut to The Trashmen singing "Everybody's heard about the bird..." (the song is a running gag on the show)

            https://youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4

             

              Jeopardy 10/21/21

              Songs for $1200

              This band: "Number 9...Number 9...Number 9..." It goes on like that for a while.

              The reigning champion got it correct: Who are the Beatles? 

                Jeopardy 

                Songs to Jingles for $200

                "All You Need Is Luvs" in a commercial for these.

                (Obviously) What are diapers? 

                  Jeopardy

                  Biblical for $200

                  "Hey"! This name got a little push in popularity thanks to the Beatles song.

                  What is "Jude?" (guy got it) 

                  Side note: Did you know that Jude Law was named for the song? 

                    Jeopardy Essays for $400

                    A book of essays by Joan Didion has this same title as a plain-covered Beatles LP.

                    What is The White Album? (she got it) 

                      Nancy R wrote:

                      Family Guy Sun. Oct. 3rd

                      The guys go into a record store called "All Sales Are Vinyl"

                      There is a (drawing) poster on the wall that says The Beatles and 1967 drawings of Paul and John. 

                      They start talking about the beginnings of different groups and it segues into stories where Peter & his friends play the members of the groups. The first story is about the Doors. The friend playing Ray Manzarek introduces his girlfriend "Yoko O-yes" 😂 She tells them she will always be respectful and never come to their recording sessions and sit on their amps. 

                      At the end, Peter says, "Well, I can't think of a better way to end our visit than by remembering the four lads who started a band in 1962 and changed the world forever." 

                      At the same time:

                      Quagmire: "John, Paul, George & Ringo!"

                      Peter: "Steve, Dal, Bob & Robin!"

                      Quagmire: "Who?"

                      Peter: "The Trashmen!"

                      Cut to The Trashmen singing "Everybody's heard about the bird..." (the song is a running gag on the show)

                      https://youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4

                       

                      Didn't show the Family Guy version

                        love2travel wrote:

                        Nancy R wrote:

                        Family Guy Sun. Oct. 3rd

                        The guys go into a record store called "All Sales Are Vinyl"

                        There is a (drawing) poster on the wall that says The Beatles and 1967 drawings of Paul and John. 

                        They start talking about the beginnings of different groups and it segues into stories where Peter & his friends play the members of the groups. The first story is about the Doors. The friend playing Ray Manzarek introduces his girlfriend "Yoko O-yes" 😂 She tells them she will always be respectful and never come to their recording sessions and sit on their amps. 

                        At the end, Peter says, "Well, I can't think of a better way to end our visit than by remembering the four lads who started a band in 1962 and changed the world forever." 

                        At the same time:

                        Quagmire: "John, Paul, George & Ringo!"

                        Peter: "Steve, Dal, Bob & Robin!"

                        Quagmire: "Who?"

                        Peter: "The Trashmen!"

                        Cut to The Trashmen singing "Everybody's heard about the bird..." (the song is a running gag on the show)

                        https://youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4

                         

                        Didn't show the Family Guy version

                        I know - I was posting the original group's song,  which is what they play whenever Peter does this running gag. They just do audio, no video. 

                        The Family Guy episode was season 20, episode 2 and called Rock Hard. You can watch it on your FOX NOW app after signing in with your TV provider password. 

                        I found this on YouTube: (previous gags) 

                        https://youtu.be/zUi5xKQXG6I

                          Family Guy

                          Peter is in charge of birthday celebrations at work :

                          "I'd like to wish all you birthday boys and girls a special day with the help of The Beatles!  1, 2, 3 hit it!"

                          Next scene says " Removed by You Tube." 

                            There was an entire category devoted to the Beatles on Jeopardy! 

                            Beatles Movies & Docs

                            For $200: Paul McCartney said The Beatles wanted to be in a film, but wanted to make a good one...& did with this first film of theirs.

                            What is A Hard Day's Night? 

                            For $400: "The Hours & Times" fictionalizes a real trip that John Lennon took to Spain with this Beatles manager in 1963.

                            Who is Brian Epstein?

                            For $600: This director spent 3 years restoring footage & editing "The Beatles: Get Back", a 2021 docuseries.

                            Who is Peter Jackson?

                            For $800: This 2019 film has Himesh Patel waking up in an alternate universe where he is one of the few who remember the Fab 4.

                            What is Yesterday?

                            For $1000: Seen here, this record producer interviewed Paul for the series "McCartney 3, 2, 1"

                            Who is Rick Rubin?

                            (someone out of the 3 contestants answered correctly on each clue) 

                              You could see the Beatles statues on Sunday's Doctor Who. One of the new Companions is from Liverpool.

                               

                               

                               

                                Final Jeopardy: Music Legends

                                Of their July 1957 first meeting at a church fair, one of this pair recalled: "I was a fat schoolboy and he was drunk"

                                (Obviously to us) Who are Paul McCartney & John Lennon?

                                ALL THREE CONTESTANTS SAID SIMON & GARFUNKEL!! 🙄

                                  NJR wrote:

                                  Final Jeopardy: Music Legends

                                  Of their July 1957 first meeting at a church fair, one of this pair recalled: "I was a fat schoolboy and he was drunk"

                                  (Obviously to us) Who are Paul McCartney & John Lennon?

                                  ALL THREE CONTESTANTS SAID SIMON & GARFUNKEL!! 🙄

                                  If you are not major Beatle fan, the answer those three contestants made sense.  I know with that "Final Jeopardy" category I would have bet everything I had on the question -lol

                                    Yankeefan2 wrote:

                                    NJR wrote:

                                    Final Jeopardy: Music Legends

                                    Of their July 1957 first meeting at a church fair, one of this pair recalled: "I was a fat schoolboy and he was drunk"

                                    (Obviously to us) Who are Paul McCartney & John Lennon?

                                    ALL THREE CONTESTANTS SAID SIMON & GARFUNKEL!! 🙄

                                    If you are not major Beatle fan, the answer those three contestants made sense.  I know with that "Final Jeopardy" category I would have bet everything I had on the question -lol

                                    Amy Schneider (reigning 22 day champ) bet $10,000 and still won. 

                                    P.S. Simon & Garfunkel actually met in 1953 at age 11!! 

                                      On the show This Is Us, the song "Can't Fight This Feeling" is playing on the radio in 1986 and Jack says "REO Speedwagon are the new Beatles!" 

                                        Jeopardy

                                        Some Travelin' Music Please for $2000:

                                        Though he sang "Climb on the back & we'll go for a ride in the sky" in his 1974 hit "Jet", the song was named for his dog, Jet.

                                        NONE OF THEM EVEN TRIED TO GUESS!!!

                                        I'm screaming at the TV: Who is Paul McCartney? 

                                        😂

                                          NJR wrote:

                                          Jeopardy

                                          Some Travelin' Music Please for $2000:

                                          Though he sang "Climb on the back & we'll go for a ride in the sky" in his 1974 hit "Jet", the song was named for his dog, Jet.

                                          NONE OF THEM EVEN TRIED TO GUESS!!!

                                          I'm screaming at the TV: Who is Paul McCartney? 

                                          😂

                                          It is a shame we were not on the show although how well we might have done on other questions is up for debate -lol. Sadly, this is a reflection on the fact that Paul's non-Beatle music is not well known to the general public. We also need to remember the song is almost 50 years old and might have come out before these contestants were born. 

                                            On Entertainment Tonight Debbie Allen was talking about the reunion of the Fame cast and said people were screaming "like we were The Beatles." 

                                              Pages