THE CRITERION COLLECTION
jimmix last edited by
Synopsis: On February 9, 1964, the Beatles made their first live appearance on American television on The Ed Sullivan Show, ratcheting up the frenzy of a fanbase whose ecstatic devotion to the band heralded an explosive new wave of youth culture. I Wanna Hold Your Hand looks back to that fateful weekend, following six teenagers, each with their own reasons for wanting to see the Fab Four, from New Jersey to Manhattan on a madcap mission to meet the band and score tickets to the show. With this rollicking first feature, director Robert Zemeckis and cowriter Bob Gale established themselves as a filmmaking team par excellence, adept at mining America's cultural memory for comedy and adventure with a winning mixture of sweet nostalgia and playful irreverence.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION, approved by director Robert Zemeckis and cowriter Bob Gale, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation among Zemeckis and Gale
- New interview with actors Nancy Allen and Marc McClure
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Zemeckis and Gale
- The Lift (1972) and A Field of Honor (1973), two early short films by Zemeckis
- Trailer and radio spots
- PLUS: An essay by critic Scott Tobias
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
STREET DATE: MARCH 26, 2019
Nancy R last edited by
I have this movie on DVD and absolutely love it! Never fails to crack me up!