Since nobody has guessed what I was referring to about John - look at his left hand! He’s wearing a wedding ring which he never did in the past. Someone told me he had just started wearing it sometime in 1980.
Well, of course I got Covid, as did practically everyone I know who was there, but it’s just a stuffy nose and slight cough (no fever)
Where do you think you caught the COVID? Did you wear a mask? Sounds like you had a great time otherwise.
Thanks @love2travel and Yankeefan!
I think I got it on the 28th at Grand Central Hall. The guy next to me was blowing his nose and didn’t look well. I attribute my 4th booster on July 20th to my very mild case. All sorts of people got it too, but mostly mild cases. It was worth it! And no, did not wear a mask during Beatleweek. Didn’t last year either, but we didn’t catch Covid!
On “48 Hours On ID”
This young guy was brainwashed by his female psychiatrist (who was his cousin!) to kill her ex-boyfriend. He said she kept playing the song “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” all the time! She bought him a sledgehammer but he discovered he couldn’t lift it high enough to hit him in the head. I think he ended up stabbing him to death. They both got lots of prison time.
(1) …one of my ongoing annoyances in life is people thinking they can rewrite Paul's lyrics to make them more "logical."
(2) I've always taken the radical position that Paul knew exactly what he was doing.
(3) Great art is rarely neat or logical.
(4) In the case of "Yesterday came suddenly," he's expanding the song's timeline to look beyond the immediate disappointment he's experiencing now.
(1) I’m not trying to rewrite the song. I’m showing strong internal evidence that an error has crept in, and that Paul’s original intention was “yes, today came suddenly”.
(2) Like any human, Paul can make mistakes, and many of his mistakes are on record.
(3) (“Great”?) art may not always have to be neat and logical, but sometimes (whether “rarely” or not) it must be logical in order to achieve the artist’s intention.
(4) The song’s timeline is a period of less than 48 hours. “Suddenly I’m not half the man I used to be” is in the present tense – being uttered “today”. So “yesterday came suddenly” cannot be made to fit using any fanciful rationalization.
@beatle-ray It will be on the Blue Album (The Beatles 1967-1970) which no longer will have dates attached. (The Red Album will not have 1962-1966) Both the Red and Blue are being remixed with added songs to make 3 sides in each instead of the 2 they each now have. The Blue will have remixed versions of Free As a Bird and Real Love as well....along with other songs. My understanding is that the existing Past Masters CD's (Dreadful cover art) will be on the Red and Blue albums as well....which are singles left off proper albums in the UK along with the B sides to those singles. Other songs will be selected as well. The Red album, in particular, was very short, with fewer songs, and will be beefed up. This is what I have read about online regarding the next remixes coming out. There is to be an announcement on August 10th on just when the remixes will be released....but sometime in September seems the logical time frame for release.